Rob, co-owner, since 1999, the start of Attitude Holland!
Who is Rob?
I love life, love everything. My family is very important to me, I love my two daughters and my incredibly beautiful and sexy wife Beccie. Attitude Holland became a big part of my life, I’m always busy doing or thinking about something for Attitude. I absolutely love being able to express all of my creativity, love and being in a company.
Everybody is good the way they are, I always wish everyone else the best. Whatever I do I always give it my full attention and love.
My keywords: meditation, sports, good food, rock-metal-jazz-classical music, family, connections, black, sun-sea-beach, hippie, festivals and always keep on going.
Did you know?
- I’m a pro at combining chaos and structure.
- I’m a bit too competitive sometimes. When I do something it’s all or nothing..
- To relax I love to meditate. Once in a while I go to a meditation retreat - 10 days of meditation, extreme silence and not even looking at anybody. It’s amazing!
- In 1995 I went to Australia for a year, this was a once in a lifetime experience: beautiful-good-fun-crazy-wild-nice-healthy. It felt like a new start in my life. For our marriage we went back to Australia, one of the most beautiful places on earth. And the most beautiful airport I’ve ever seen in Broome, WA: a bar/restaurant with a runway right next to it.
- Edam is like a picturesque open-air museum, I love being here. Crossing the Ijsselmeer in my boat is one of my favourite things to do in the summer.
Best of Attitude
Everything Beccie looks good in! And that’s a lot…
My favourite colour? Black! And I think Killstar, Restyle, Patrice Catanzaro, Alchemy Gothic, Spiral and Zac’s Alter Ego are very creative, beautiful brands.
Rebecca, Co-owner, since the start!
Who is Rebecca?
Happily married to Rob, we have 2 fantastic daughters, Holly and Lucy. I left school when I was 17 (I never really knew what I wanted to do) to work for my older brother, who had set up a business selling “heavy metal gear” – what was later to become Attitude UK. I often got itchy feet and went off to work in Germany, Italy and then a year travelling around Australia, where I met Rob. We then travelled the world together for a year, and decided to settle in Holland and set up Attitude Holland.
Did you know?
- I met my future husband when we were working in the outback of Australia – I was packing squash on a farm, and he was cleaning the campsite where all the backpackers stayed, we've come a long way since then!
- He persuaded me to hitchhike with him from Darwin to Perth ((4042km) – it turned out to be the adventure of a lifetime (I didn't tell my parents until we were safely home...)
- I learnt to swim in Roald Dahl's pool – he lived around the corner from the house where I grew up in Great Missenden, England
- I LOVE food, one of my favourite jobs was waitressing in a cafe on the beach in Manly, Australia, where I got to work my way through the whole menu after shifts (back at the hostel all my fellow-backpackers were eating pot noodles..)
- I tried to dye my hair pink when I was 13, but I had to use up the whole can as my hair (light brown) just wasn't changing colour. It did show up more in the light I discovered as when I got to school I was warned to wash it out or not come back...
Best of Attitude! The best of Attitude is to me the diversity of products we offer, and the fact that we bring new collections every week. If only we'd had the great hair colours we offer when I was a teenager, I'd have tried every one of them! I now get to try them out on my daughters and their friends, it's great that you don't get sent home from school in Holland for colouring your hair!
Gabriëlle, social media since februari 2014
Who is Gabriëlle? My name is Gabriëlle Karsowidjojo, but people call me Gaby. Was born in Suriname, living in the Netherlands since I was three, currently living in Enschede.
I studied Graphic Design. In my third and fourth year I did an internship at Attitude Holland. I always thought that when I graduated I wanted to go to an art academy but thanks to Attitude I discovered that I’m capable of much more than just graphic design. For example Social Media, I’m still working for them and trying to develop myself even more.
I love Hello Kitty! My style is a bit crazy but that’s exactly what I like. I love cute things with a dark edge.
Did you know?
- I’m addicted to lace clothing. I think it’s very feminine and sexy. I own a Tumblr page filled with lace outfits and goth clothing.
- “Years ago” when I was 12, I had a cotton candy haircut and wore ballet skirts to school.
- I only own two pears of jeans. I never ever wear them, not even in Winter. I always wear shorts,skirts or dresses.
- I'm straight edge, it's my way to live a healthy lifestyle. Stay strong and be positive.
- I LOVE JUNKFOOD, especially PIZZA <3
Best of Attitude
My favourite brand is Iron Fist. I love the crazy and cute but dark vibe.
Nadia, Customercare and design since 2010
Who is Nadia?
Born in 1989 in the Zaanstreek. Studied Graphic design. Can’t sit still while watching television, is always crafting. Shy & silent. Started working for Attitude Holland during an internship.
Did you know?
- My hair actually isn’t straight like the picture, I have a lot of curls.
- I never used to play with Barbies, I played with cars and a racetrack.
- When I was younger I convinced my little sister that I was an elf. She believed this and wanted to become one as well.
- I only like guys with long hair
- When I was younger and my mom tried to take me somewhere I didn’t want to go I always screamed “ Help me! Please help me!”. A lot of people thought my mom tried to abduct me.
Best of Attitude
Spiral is my favourite brand, especially all the prints with cats. I also like Restyle because they have very beautiful designs. For Elf Fantasy Fair I always wear my Mollflander dress by Burleska, it’s gorgeous!
Chanel, Logistics, marketing, administration and more…
Who is Chanel? I’m a bit shy and love being on my own, but when I feel comfortable around people nobody notices it. My favourite pastime is lying on the couch with a blanket, a good book or tv show, and some tea and chocolate. I also love gaming, listening to music (and secretly singing along) and going for a walk.
Did you know?
- I’m crazy about dogs and since I read a lot about dog food (feeding them fresh meat) I got interested in healthy food in general. I’m trying to live a lot healthier now (trying!)
- Most of the music I listen to I discovered via my mom. They’re mostly 80s bands like The Cure, Depeche Mode and The Smiths.
- I also got my love for alternative clothing through my mom. In a store in Purmerend I bought my first alternative items: a pink bracelet with studs and a shirt with tribals on both sides. Not much later I discovered Attitude Holland online.
- Before I starting working for Attitude I studied Classical Mythology and Hermetics at the university, and I’ve always had this big fascination about Vlad Dracula (not the fictional vampire).
- I have two different thumbs.
Best of Attitude I think I own something by every brand Attitude Holland sells, but my favourites are Kill Star, Queen of Darkness, Restyle and Disturbia. My Lindy Bop dresses are always a big hit at parties but in normal life I prefer comfortable clothing like jeans with a nice top.
Kees, Logistics since 2002
Who is Kees? Before I started working at Attitude Holland I was unemployed for 2,5 years. A job coach helped me to get the job at Attitude Holland. I was their first employee back then and by now I’ve enjoyed working for Attitude Holland for over 12 years!
Did you know? - I’ve been playing the guitar since 2000, still love doing it.
- I love listening to music, my favourite band is Metallica
- Next to music I know a lot about movies, I watch a lot of them as well, especially action, humor, horror and thriller movies. My favourites are the Back to the Future trilogy.
- I spend a whole lot of time on youtube.
Best of Attitude
I love them all! They’re all amazing to look at.
Tamara, Logistics, customercare since 2016
Who is Tamara? I am a real nerd, I love books, Star Wars, bowling and all movies about comic book heroes.
I am a sucker for high heels and I tell everybody that New Rock boots are the best. My work history is very diverse, and I have done and learned very much over the last years. Even though new things scare the shit out of me, I never let it stop me from trying them. I love animals and love to walk my two giant dogs (a Great Dane and a Bullmastiff).
Did you know:
- Red is not my actual hair color.
- I have a weird love for mythical dragons, real lizards and iguana’s and that I own a pet bearded dragon.
- I even make dragon sculptures as a hobby.
- I have written a children’s book.
- I love Mexico, Mexican food, Mexican colors and of course the iguana’s.
- As a kid I used to wear oversized t-shirts with Harly Davidson motors, trucks, panthers or eagles on it.
- That my husband loves my hair color and my boots even more than I.
Best of Attitude: All time favorite brand: New Rock, but I like different things of all brands.
Sharon, Graphic Design & Photography since 2014
Who is Sharon?
Hi, I’m Sharon, born and raised in Enschede, but I feel much more at home in bigger citys. Photographer since 2008, I started with concert photography but got into fashion photography since my internship at Attitude Holland. I’m a little too addicted to high heels, coffee, tattoos and Killstar clothing. Did you know? - I find it easier to walk on platforms and high heels than on flat shoes.
- When I was a little girl my future dream was to become a vampire (I still believe one day the doctors will figure out that I’m actually non-human)
- I was raised listening to bands like Iron Maiden and Metallica. There’s film footage of a three-year-old-me headbanging to a Van Halen song.
- I prefer movies with bad endings.
- If I wear earrings they should be huge and heavy. Because when I can’t feel them I’m constantly afraid that I lost them.
Best of Attitude Killstar! (especially the oversized heavy earrings) . I think I might own more than 50% of our Killstar collection… Disturbia, the Rogue and the Wolf and Widow are definitely among my favourite brands as well, and I still want some New Rock heels but just can’t choose which ones.
Evalyn , festivals since 2012
Who is Evalyn? Before I started working for Attitude Holland I studied in Leiden and worked at conventions. Since I started working at festivals for Attitude Holland going to music festivals became an out of control hobby. I love movies, books, sudoku puzzles and my cat, and I take rock & roll dance lessons Did you know? - I’m a massive fan of fairytales, mythes, sagas and Tolkien!
- I’d love to eat fries every single day! Sadly it appears to be unhealthy.
- Despite most of you know me while wearing comfortable festival clothing I’m really crazy about high heels and would love to wear them every day!
- I’m an enormous coward at amusement parks.
- I can’t burp.
Best of Attitude! Killstar, Restyle, Jawbreaker, Vixxsin, New Rock, Iron Fist, Hell Bunny, Punk Rave, Queen of Darkness!
Who is Linda? Born and raised in Sweden. Got a bit tired of my life in Sweden and as an 23 year old I decided to move to the USA to work as an aupair, there I met my (Canadian) husband, Kirby. In 2002 we decided to move to Holland of all places ;-P, my husband got a job here. We have two fabulous kids, Emily and Anton, both born here in Holland. Did you know? -I met Rebecca in 2003 in Amsterdam when we both attended a pregnancy yoga class !We have been good friends ever since! :-)
- Like most of the Attitude crew I LOVE food (we talk a lot of food here at work!), especially thai food. Never been to Thailand, but if I will ever go there it would be mostly for the food! Really enjoy baking as well, I make birthday cakes for friends as a hobby.
- I'm afraid of heights ,are claustrophobic (don't even try and put a blanket over my head!!!! ) and got emtophobia (you can google that ).
- I absolutley love being by the ocean,or by a lake. Being close to water makes me calm/relaxed, but the funny thing is that I'm a bit scared when being IN the water as I am not a good swimmer.
- My love for rockmusic probably started when I was laying in my moms belly, when my dad played his Black Sabbath records. I love all kinds of rock/stoner rock, metal. Some of my favorites are Iron Maiden(seen them in concert 5 times), Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stoneage.
- I once kissed the drummer in Iron Maiden, long story..! ;-)
Best of Attitude:
All the brands got that something thats makes them special,there is so much variety. The Doll dress from Killstar makes my daughter look adorable though.
Who is Babette? A couple of years ago when I was searching for a fun job my sister told me about Attitude Holland. Before I arrived here I studied theaterscience and literature (for one year). I also had different jobs, like working in a supermarket and cinema, and I worked as a waitress in England! I’m a calm and kind person, love going to the movies, a concert or joining my friends at a pub in Amsterdam.
Did you know? -After I watched Disney’s Ariel as a child I wanted to become a mermaid. Every time I jumped into a pool I hoped that I would transform magically. Somehow this never happened...
- I would love to visit New Zealand and Australia once, but I’m way too scared of flying.
- I automaticaly start singing whenever I’m vacuuming
- Best drink ever: cold white Martini with ice and lemon!
- I don’t watch a lot of television but I’ve found that watching snooker is one of the most calming things there is.
- I love doing crossword puzzles, extremely nerdy but I like it :)
Best of Attitude
I think the Alchemy Gothic collection is super beautiful, since they get a lot of their inspiration from literate and history. I also love Restyle, Hell Bunny and Spin Doctor.
Who is Carmen? I am Carmen, half Spanish and therefore loving all the hispanic happy things: salsa, flamenco and tapas.
When I met Pieter, my husband, we always wanted to live abroad. We lived and worked for eleven years in Ghana and Ivory Coast and two years in India.
A beautiful adventure. Our three daughters had the chance to experience these wonderful countries in their early years and made them the beautiful girls they are now: curious, social, flexibel and always happy.
Did you know? Since four years we settled back in the Netherlands, in picturesque Edam. Soon I met Rebecca and Rob and learned about their wonderful way of looking at life, which is reflected well in their company.
Attitude Holland represents that what makes life so beautiful: respect for each other as persons, but also respect for the environment and nature.
It is a company where everybody feels at ease; where they can be who they are.
My leisure time, I gladly spent on: yoga, meditation, art/craft, musea and travelling as much as possible.
Best of Attitude
My favourite Attitude items are the Rockabilly Vintage dresses and the petticoats, tartan skirts and bags of Banned. And jackets like Lolita of Banned and the rainbow fluffy one of Iron Fist, really make me smile.
Who is Borre?
My name is Borre and I’m Chanel’s adorable 6 month old puppy!
I really like hanging and rolling around at the Attitude Holland office with all my lovely Attitude friends. I like tummy rubs and cuddles, lots of cuddles! I’m really cute and cuddly. I make every single person at the office melt as soon as they see me.
Best of Attitude
My favourite Attitude Holland brand would have to be Spiral. Spiral has these really cool wolf prints and wolves are awesome.
I love my mommy Chanel with all my heart. She’s the best mom in the world!